Websites for Public Health Departments
Public Health Departments are on the front lines of keeping communities safe and aware of potential threats. From seeing clients in clinics to outreach at health fairs, schools and places of employment, public health workers make our towns stronger.
As in every enterprise, your website is your first impression to those you serve. It is a virtual front door that can communicate Public Health's messages of healthy living, promoting awareness of potential health concerns, recruiting employees and collecting feedback.
Heideldesign loves Public Health because we have strong roots in that sector. Our client liaison, Ginger Heidel, served as the Public Information Officer for Georgia's Coastal Health District for five years. During that time, she spearheaded new initiatives in digital communications and set up media-savvy standards and protocols.
We're very proud of our work in Public Health because we know that these websites serve more than the marketing needs of the client. They serve thousands of people that rely on the services of their local Public Health Department.
Our Public Health websites can include:
- A responsive design that works great on desktops, tablets and phones with a single code base and URL structure. Trust us, this is good.
- Quick publishing of Emergency Alerts that create an obvious but unobtrusive banner notifying site visitors immediately about an immediate threat or concern.
- Auto-publishing to Facebook and Twitter. This is ideal for promoting your alerts in an emergency situation.
- Update your website via your phone. You have total, 24/7 control of your website content and we provide the tools to allow you to update it in ways that suit your busy schedule.
- Public calendars for promoting your events.
- Online form submissions for job applications, requesting information and more
We also create intranets for Public Health Districts and Departments. These intranets allow your employees to receive communications and find important documentation in any location with an internet connection. Our intranet packages can include:
- Internal employee calendar
- Sharing employee-only news
- Document management and distribution of PDFs and other filetypes
- Employee directory, and more
View our recent Public Health Department website projects below. If you would like to learn more about how we can help your department or district, let's talk.
Coastal Health District (Georgia)
The Coastal Health District website contains a public events calendar, has an easy to update interface for promoting health topics or videos and dynamically resizes for mobile screens. It also features an employee intranet.
North Central Health District (Georgia)
The North Central District website contains a public events calendar, has easy to promote alert banners with one-click Facebook and Twitter sharing and dynamically resizes for mobile screens.
South Health District (Georgia)
Like the NCHD site, the South Health District website contains a public events calendar, has easy to promote alert banners with one-click Facebook and Twitter sharing and dynamically resizes for mobile screens.