If you're a private school hoping to attract top students from your local community, you can't count on your friendly office staff or inviting campus to make a good first impression. That first impression is often made online, as savvy parents research education options on the internet before ever picking up the phone to schedule a campus tour.
That's why Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic School approached Heideldesign this summer about creating a new website. Saint Peter wanted a site as welcoming, engaging and dynamic as the school itself.
This also meant a new design for Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic Church. Websites are also important recruitment tools for churches, as prospective members may research church options online before deciding where to worship.
The two sites share the same design template for consistency, but have independent content. Some of the features of the new sites include:
- A moving homepage slideshow allowing the school/church to highlight important content
- An events calendar that allows site administrators to organize events into categories and set recurring events
- WordPress content management, which makes it easy for staff and volunteers to make site updates with minimal training
- An area to post school and church news
- No limit on page numbers, so new information can be added to the site at any time
- Social media tie-ins to allow for cross-promotion of site content on social sites
- Mobile-responsive design for optimal viewing on smartphones and tablets
- A proper code foundation for search engine success
Take a look at the sites in action here:
We'd love to help improve your school or church website to increase your recruitment and communication capabilities. Get in touch and let's explore the possibilities!